World Teachers' Day 2010: The Capul Celebration Part 1

As tribute to the mentors who shaped our minds, here's a poem that gives them proper credit ...


PLEASE TEACH ME
(Author Unknown)

Please teach me everything I’ll need,
Teach me to calculate and speak,
Teach me to stop being so weak:



Teach me to think and write and read.
‘Cause there isn’t much I’ll learn alone,
and my mind is hungry for your food,
the food for thought that makes us good
and without which we’re dry as stone.


Teach me to be just like yourself,
The person I so much admire,
The one whose intellectual fire
I wish I’ll have one day myself.
Take a seat and start to teach,
Let me thus the wonders see
Of this world where I will be


A bit better thanks to each
Of the teachers that I had,
and thanks to yourself, the one
who’s made me sure that I can,
that in fact, I’m not that bad
as a student. I’ll succeed.


You’re the one who made me start
To realize that it’s an art
To develop the great seed
That you planted in my young brain.
I’ll water that seed all the time
With your great teaching, and with time
You’ll see your efforts were not in vain.


(Just click the pics to enlarge)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abaknon Festival: Tribu Paragmalli

La Estudiantina Capulena

Tribu Mananguete: Landusan Boys