A Christmas Wishlist



(from the Administrator)


Will you be in Capul this Christmas?


It’s been years (7 maybe?) since the last time I spent Christmas in Capul. This time, I will surely be there.


But I want my stay to be meaningful, not just any regular vacation. I therefore am toying on some plans - all of them requiring your support and participation.


First, I wish to have a repeat of the caroling we once did with the ACapulKo-Youth many years back. This was the caroling where instead of getting funds from those we visit, we give them gifts instead (foodstuff, clothes, etc.). The list of beneficiaries came from the DSWD, meaning we only give to those who badly need holiday cheers.


Second, I’d like to have even only a one-day interaction with the youth of Capul. I wish I could do this in coordination with the Sangguniang Kabataan. The idea is to bond them together so that they may have a collective vision as to how they could be responsible and productive citizens for the town. Can anyone please get the contact details of the present SK chairman?


Lastly, and this time for fun, maybe we can have a party for the readers of this site. Just to keep ourselves updated, ngan basi gana na hiriran. :-)


What do you think? Please send me your suggestions on the thoughts I just poured. And since I definitely would need the help of every one, I would appreciate having a show of hands for those willing to volunteer.


And for those who are outside of Capul and the Philippines, maybe you could spare these efforts your extra savings. I’ll make sure that your contributions will be properly recognized, accounted for and will reach the truly needy Abaknons.


For all the blessings we’ve so far received, maybe it’s time to share even just a little.

Comments

  1. Christmas in capul is very different. I also missed the celebration for almost 5 years now. Sarap mamasko dun kaya lang it's almost impossible for me to spend christmas in capul this year.

    Anyway, advance holiday greetings to all abaknons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Alayun pagsurat ato si mga karuyag-sidngon bi. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Abaknon Festival: Tribu Paragmalli

La Estudiantina Capulena

Tribu Mananguete: Landusan Boys